birschbach media sales & marketing
(W) 22102 E. Canyon Place, Aurora, Colorado 80016
(H) 17024 Blue Shadows Lane, San Diego, CA 92127
(W) 303-400-5150 (M) 303-517-5600 (H) 303-400-8119
birschbach media sales & marketing
- President 11/97–Present
- Consulting on a retainer and project basis with “Blue Chip” media organizations in the development of media advertising sales. Clients include:
NBC Networks, GOOGLE, ESPN, TelAmerica Media, Nielsen Media Research, Jim Doyle & Associates, Caption Colorado, Salem Radio
- Generated over $20 million in new and incremental revenue in 15 local TV markets over the past 3 years while working for Jim Doyle & Associates.
- Birschbach Media Sales contests for sales organizations have generated over $60 million in new and incremental advertising sales revenue.
- Birschbach Media Sales & Marketing conducts a yearly nationwide industry survey of local cable ad sales.
- Birschbach Media Sales & Marketing owns and operates MediaRecruiter.com, a web based recruitment firm for media sales and marketing professionals nationwide.
TCI, Inc. (AT&T/Comcast)
- Vice President, TCI Media Services, Denver 6/94–11/97
- Corporate Director, Advertising Sales, Denver 1/93–6/94
- General Manager, Denver Cable Advertising, Denver 5/90–4/92
- Oversaw development of TCI Advertising Sales—$100 million in ’92 to $519 million in ’97.
- Designed Sales Training Program for 225 managers & 1,250 sales reps.
- Revenue $100 million in ’92 to $650 million in ’97; cash flow growth $47 million in ’92 to over $260 million in ’97.
- Served as “lead” sales strategies in development of new and incremental advertising revenue through sales, marketing, promotion and research programs.
- Vice President, National Program Marketing—Network Cable 4/92–1/93
Jones Education Networks, Denver
- Responsible for the development of sponsorship and underwriting revenue.
- Development programs for “Blue Chip” advertisers nationwide.
- Developed the first marketing sales program for the network.
McGraw-Hill Broadcasting Company
- General Sales Manager; KMGH-TV, Denver 2/88–5/90
- Vice President, Marketing, Broadcasting Co., New York 3/86–2/88
- National Sales Manager, KGTV-TV, San Diego 10/84–3/86
- Account Executive, KGTV-TV, San Diego 2/82–10/84
- Responsible for sales & marketing efforts across 4 markets $112 Million in revenue in 1988.
- Responsible for the largest single local revenue stream in the Broadcasting Company from ’84–’86.
- Developed and executed a company wide healthcare marketing program generating $500k.
- Worked with National Sales Representatives in major markets to maximize $65 million revenue stream.
- Local Sales Manager; KSDO-AM, KEZL-FM, San Diego 1/81–2/82
- CAB—Sales Management Program 1991
- McGraw—Hill General Management Program 1987
- Sterling Institute—TVB Account Executive Program 1984
- University of Pennsylvania—Wharton School - RAB Executive Program 1981
- University of Wisconsin—Oshkosh 1972
- CAB—Major Cable Network Achievement Award—Consultant 1998, 2000
- TCI (AT&T) Corporate, Superstar Award 1996
- CAB—Cable Advertising Bureau, President’s Award 1995
- McGraw-Hill, Inc., Corporate Achievement Award-Marketing 1990
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, Young Alumni Award 1987
- Colorado Broadcasters Association, Best Promotional Campaign—TV Station 1974
- Robert L. Snyder Scholarship, Alpha Epsilon Rho 1972
- 4-H Key Award 1967
- Congressional Appointment, U.S. Merchant Marine Academy 1969
Civic Involvement & Professional Association:
- Cable Advertising Bureau, Chairman, Industry Vender Committee 1999–2000
- Cable Advertising Bureau, Co—Chairman, EDI Committee 1995–1997
- Cable Advertising Bureau, Chairman, Local Sales Advisory Committee 1994–1995
- United Way Campaign, Category Chairman 1993–1997
- Denver Advertising Federation, Vice-Chairman 1992–1993
- CBS, Marketing Advisory Council, Representative 1988–1989
- Colorado Community Church, Missions Committee 1995–1998
- Missions Ministries—Board of Directors 1998–2000
- TelAmerica Media—Board of Directors 1997–2006
- Rotary—Denver Southeast—Member 2002–2006
- Paul Harris Fellow—Rotary International 2005
- University of Colorado—Journalism School—Consultant—The Campus Press 2008
- University of Missouri—Journalism School—Consultant—
- Zhejiang Media Group 2008
- Shenzhen Radio Group 2009
Jim Doyle, President
Jim Doyle & Associates
Sarasota, FL 34231
Edward T. Reilly, President & CEO (Former President & CEO McGraw-Hill Broadcasting)
American Management Association
New York, NY 212-586-8100
Lyle Banks, President
Ed Quinn, President
San Diego, CA
Tim Gilbert, President & General Manager
Rick Henry, President & General Manager
Phil Beswick, President
The Media Audit/International Demographics
Jim Heneghan, SVP Marketing & Sales
Biff Niven, RVP - Texas
Time Warner Cable
Bill Airy, President & COO
Peter Heisinger, RVP & General Manager